Kendra Wilson, an Upstate woman who fled to the Netherlands after being charged in connection with a Lyman murder, was recently approved to be extradited by the country’s Supreme Court.
Three individuals were charged following the death of Connor Lloyd of Lyman. Lloyd, 29, was said to have been shot multiple times in his driveway around midnight on Aug. 18, 2021. In 2025, the Lyman Police Department identified the gunman as Douglas Gilbert, a former coworker of Wilson.
Gilbert was charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime. Kendra Wilson, alongside her mother Cynthia, was charged with accessory to murder.
While Gilbert and Cynthia Wilson both sit in the Spartanburg County Jail, police department officials say Kendra Wilson was able to flee the country before an arrest could be made. She fled to the Netherlands with her four-year-old daughter, a country notoriously difficult to be extradited from. But this past March, Lyman officials got one step closer to getting her back.
On March 17, the Dutch Supreme Court ruled that Wilson can be extradited. Lyman officials say that the decision now goes to the country’s Minister of Justice. Currently, there is no set timeline for approval. Netherlands officials could still request more information or block her extradition.
“We've never extradited anyone from out of the country, and it's a learn-as-you-go situation for us,” said Lyman Police Lt. Scott Southern. “We were told by the U.S. Consulate Office to expect anywhere up to three years, if ever, to get her extradited.”
Wilson is currently in custody in a Dutch women's prison. Officials say she will remain in custody until she is extradited or if the charges are lifted. If the Netherlands officials do not approve her extradition, she will be allowed to live as a free citizen in their country. Lyman Police Department representatives remain optimistic that she will ultimately be extradited.
“From what we can gather, based on what we've been told, this final appeal usually does not go their way,” Southern said. “We think we’re eventually going to get her back, we just don't know when.”
Within the last year, the four-year-old daughter was removed from the Netherlands and placed in the care of Connor Lloyd’s father. He was awarded custody by the state courts.
Before his death, Lloyd and Kendra Wilson were involved in a custody dispute regarding the child. Department officials say that Lloyd was killed just after he was awarded unsupervised visits. There were accusations from Wilson that Lloyd and his father abused the child, but Lyman officials say these claims were investigated and no evidence was found.
Gibson and Cynthia Wilson are expected to remain in jail until a trial begins. Both individuals applied for bond in 2025 and were denied. A couple of weeks ago, it was approved for Cynthia Wilson to reapply for bond. She has a hearing on May 29, 2026.
While there is no set timeline for Kendra Wilson’s extradition, Lyman Police Department officials note the Supreme Court ruling as a step in the right direction. Anyone with information on the case is still encouraged to contact Scott Southern with the department.
GreerNews will provide updates on Kendra Wilson’s extradition as they become available.
